Friday, April 15, 2011

Finnish Friday - This is for you, Henna!

During my stay in Finland last summer, I learned that many of the items in my friend Henna's beautifully decorated home were from IKEA. When I told her that I had never been to IKEA, she was shocked - mostly because I also told her that there is an IKEA that is just over an hour drive from my home. News of this spread to her sisters-in-law and other family members...

Here is a little more background information as to the 'shock'. The closest IKEA to Henna is in Helsinki. She normally goes with one of her sisters-in-law. They drive for about 5 HOURS to get to IKEA! It is a full day-trip for them. Thus, the shock that I have one so close, yet had never been there.

Well, this past Sunday...


I finally made it to IKEA! (note: the yellow mustang doesn't belong to us :-) My mother-in-law and sister-in-law took me and we had a great time! They have other photo evidence of our trip still on their cameras, so I may have an update when I get them. We started with lunch; I had the Swedish Meatballs with Mashed Potatoes and Lingonberry sauce and a Salad. It was fantastic! I cleaned my plate, and wanted more...

(I should've taken a picture, but my batteries died - so here's a link...yum...)

We shopped and shopped and shopped. I didn't go too crazy, but I got some useful things for our home, and stayed within my $70 budget. After 4 hours of shopping, I couldn't leave without a snack from the Bistro...I'll admit - I got the 2 Hot Dogs, Chips and Soda combo...it was a delicious treat! Although, I shared half a Dog with my sister-in-law, because I just couldn't fit it all in :-)


The next trip will be with my mom - she has yet to make her first visit to IKEA!

No comments:

Post a Comment