Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Power Outage Dream

Just before 6 this morning the power went out for a few seconds (most likely due to the freezing rain and snow storm in the works). I was going to stay up, but decided to cozy back up for a bit...since I could. I fell back to sleep for about an hour, and I am so thankful that I did.

My dream started in Wisconsin. I'm not sure who I was with, but we were driving out to see the "Eighty" (the old 80 acre property that my maternal grandpa grew up on). We started down Hilltop Road, and soon discovered that the old farm house was gone, and a newly built house with a large detached garage was in its' place. I was surprised that I didn't feel sad about the old house being gone, but rather happy that someone was able to make a new home on the land.

Side Note: The "Eighty" has always been fascinating to me; I've taken many pictures and even got brave and drove up the 'driveway' one time (seemed the No Trespassing sign was missing that day) but I was too nervous to get out of the car since I was alone, with no cell phone service, and wild animals could have been anywhere (bears, etc...). Oh, and then my car started to overheat because it wasn't really a drive way, just two tracks with 2 foot tall grass down the center. I've never been in the house, but it has always been a wonderful photo subject.

Back to my dream... As soon as I felt that sense of happiness, my dream changed and I was at a home doing laundry. It could have been my parents, although the basement seemed a bit different. My (maternal) grandma came downstairs and said she was going to be heading home. We hugged and said 'I Love You' and as she started to walk away I noticed she had lost quite a bit of weight, although her face still looked the same. I didn't say anything to her about it, but as if she was reading my mind she turned and said, "My doctor says I should be eating more cabbage, but I just want to eat eggs and stuff like that."

And that was the end of my dream. Huh? I'm not sure how the cabbage and eggs fit into things, but a hug with my grandma means a lot, since she passed away in 2007. It has been a long time since she's been in my dreams...we've had some challenging times lately on the home front so maybe this was her way of saying that everything will be ok. Ok, maybe not 'literally' (cabbage & eggs???) but just that she was 'there'. :-)

I've always had very vibrant dreams, and the ability to remember most of them. Some have been written down, some are still in my head from years and years ago, and others are lost. I've had many unusual and crazy dreams about the "Forty" (that'll be another blog post; although my family will understand) and many dreams after my grandma passed away. I wish I would have written them all down, because I've lost quite a few, but I guess I won't worry about it too much...there will always be more dreams to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment