Saturday, April 30, 2011

Finnish Friday...

Things have been a bit hectic...as they always are, I guess. This week I will share a few pictures, and next week will have a story or recipe to share.  Hopefully I will find make the time to sneak in a post or two during the week as well :-)

Beautiful "Horsma"
It is considered a 'weed', but I like to think of it as a beautiful wildflower. The purple Horsma filled fields were so breathtaking. I don't remember it from my first journey in 2002, but I am sure it was there. I am sure I saw some last fall when my hubby and I took a day trip up north for our anniversary...I'd love to have it growing wild in our backyard, up on the hill...



Granite Heart
I love to find heart shaped 'things'. Things that normally wouldn't be heart shaped, but for some reason they are, and they catch my eye. They always make me smile a little. It's the little things, right? This photo was taken at Koli National Park.



A Lovely Lamppost
I just like this picture. It was taken at the home of another Finnish friend (sister-in-law/brother-in-law of my Finnish 'sister').

No comments:

Post a Comment