Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I'm Addicted...

...to READING BOOKS!

I guess there could be worse addictions, right?

On Sunday I reached my goal of reading 30 books this year...and it's only May. So, I have a bit of a problem - there are still 6 1/2 months remaining this year, I have 3 books that I am 'officially' currently reading (meaning that there are some on my goodreads Currently Reading list that I've started but returned to the library because they just didn't hold my interest at the time, so I may pick them up again, or I may just cancel them from my list) and I KNOW I need to adjust my goal for the year, but I haven't decided yet what that new goal should be.

If I double it, then I will probably hit a wall at some point and put my books away for a while.

If I don't change it, I can watch my percentage continue to climb above 100% (currently at 103%, finished another book tonight) and feel so good about myself for being such an overachiever ;-) Ok, I'm really not 'like that' so I won't go with this option.

If I get through this crazy busy weekend I have coming up, then I may be in a better state of mind to come up with a new goal. I think I will go with this option for now.

A bit of non-work related work to get through tonight, and then off to bed...to read until my eyelids give out on me...

No comments:

Post a Comment