Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Inspection Status and a - somewhat - Unexpected Visitor Today

The inspection on Monday went pretty well...just a couple small things to take care of, but luckily things my hubby can do :-)  We're thankful there was nothing big that popped up, like needing a new roof or something of that nature. We weren't really that worried, since we've taken good care of things, but-you just never know.

So...CHECK! That is off the list.

The next thing we WERE waiting on was the appraisal. Notice I said "were". Well, I may or may not have had a little freak out moment this morning when I got a call at 10:30am from the realty office stating that the appraiser wanted to schedule...for today...at 11am - yes, eleven, ELEVEN! I hope I sounded calm on the phone, because in my mind I was freaking out a little bit. "WHAT?!?! 11am on THIS DAY?!?! 11am as in 30 minutes from now?!?! TODAY?!?!..."

I mentioned to the woman on the phone that I had just cleaned up breakfast and would have to get the kids set to get out the door (we normally have made sure to leave ~15-20 minutes before the scheduled time of showings and such). I was so relieved when she said that it would just be the appraiser coming, and there was no problem with us being at home. I'm sure she could feel my sense of panic decrease a bit from her end of the line.

When I got up this morning I had decided to make the bed and tidy our room, tidy the basement, tidy the kids rooms, and then wash dishes right after breakfast when my hubby left for work. I just had a feeling for some reason. I knew we'd be getting the call at some point (expecting some notice, maybe even 24 hours), so I just wanted to keep up on things. Little did I know that I would be getting THAT call mentioned above. I think He knew...

Without the burden of the tasks already completed, I was able to get the bathrooms wiped down, dishes put away, floor swept, etc... in a timely manner. Then we waited. The time was 11am-2pm, which I then realized must have been the time 'window'. He came around noon as the kids were eating lunch, checked out things outside, came in and took pictures of all the rooms/areas, had just a short bit of chit-chat (he was nice and friendly) and then he was on his way. Total time outside and inside, about 10 minutes. Is that how a typical appraisal goes? For some reason I was thinking it would have been a bit more in-depth (but not as much so as the inspection). I'm not complaining :-) I was just a little surprised that that was all there was to it...

Now - we wait. And pray. I think this is the last hurdle to overcome before setting a closing date and finalizing the sale.

The kids and I are going to visit the little library in town now (a bit later than planned after our unexpected visit!), then ride bikes/scooters and play outside, paint pictures, make some bars for hubby to snack on for work later this week, etc. Oh, and I'm going to relax; thankful that this step is complete...

No comments:

Post a Comment